Winner of the ''Présenter Ma Thèse en 180 Secondes'' at UQAC

A year ago, I received an invitation from my university to participate in the known competition of ''Présenter Ma Thèse en 180 Secondes''. Like the many emails I receive, I did not give it any value, and to be honest I was busy preparing for my doctoral exams. Also, I had just terminated my first year and all I had really conducted was a very long bibliographic review. I was just beginning to understand my thesis and a year later, I can honestly say that many of the initial objectives have been modified and my research has a new set of targets. 


Long story short, this year I received the same invitation, and for some reason I starred the email and took note to maybe give it more consideration this time. I replied to the organizer at my university and asked him to send me more information regarding the competition.

On March 30 2016, my university recognized my research and that I was awarded the prestigious grant of FRQNT for 2015-2016, the speaker was the same person that replied to my email a few days before. As I was accepting my diploma along with my supervisor, he reminded everyone to show up for the competition exactly one week later, and Mr Adam Chehouri will be participating. As soon as the ceremony ended I went up him and asked him a few questions. I was told I cannot exceed 180 seconds or else I will be eliminated, I am allowed one slide only. I prepared my speech on Sunday, my slide on Monday (I thank Miss Amal Sobh for her help) and practiced on Tuesday. 

I won and will be representing the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi at the national finals (more details).


The competition is inspired from the English version Three Minute Thesis that was held for the first time at the University of Queensland, Australia in 2008. This year, the national championship will be featured at the 84eme Congrès de l'Acfas on May 11 2016 at the Université du Québec à Montréal. The winner will then go on to represent Canada at the international finals that is scheduled to take place in Rabat, Morocco on September 29 2016. 

Next step... Montreal :) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WASET Conference is a FAKE

The Impact of Lebanon's Political Crisis on Academic Publication and Higher Education

Optimization Problem Solved by a Genetic Algorithm - Wifi Antenna